The Oxfordshire Museum – Events
Saturday 1st December, 2018, 2.30pm – 4.30pm – Talk by Dr. Katherine Bradley.
Marking 99 years to the day that Nancy Astor took her seat in Parliament, we delve more deeply into the suffragist movement and how local Suffragettes caused as much drama in Oxfordshire as elsewhere in the country.
Saturday 17 Nov 2018, 10am – Sunday 30 Dec 2018, 5pm
The Oxfordshire Craft Guild – Christmas Selling Exhibition.
This annual selling exhibition is one of our visitors’ favourites, featuring many of the county’s leading, contemporary craft designers and makers.
Jewellery, ceramics, glass, felt, textiles and artworks – perfect for Christmas!
Children’s Activities at The Oxfordshire Museum
Crafts, family drop-ins, trails and holiday fun for children and families.
Family backpacks, trails and craft activities For families to enjoy daily during museum opening hours:
• Visit our new interactive dinosaur gallery – if you dare!
• Have a go at dressing up or puppet theatre in The Countryside Galley
• Be amazed when you put on the special glasses provided in our 3D archaeological display in The Introductory Galley
• Pick up a backpack to explore the weird and wonderful world of materials and explore plant and animal adaptations. Cost £1 plus £1 refundable deposit.
Dinosaur garden and interactive dinosaur gallery
• Meet our life-size Megalosaur – as big as a bus!
• Explore our new garden with its Jurassic plants Feed the dinosaurs in the gallery
• Dinosaur puppet theatre
• Discover dinosaur bones, fossils and what they can tell us
• Learn about the Shire of the Dinosaurs
• Dinosaur DVD