The Oxfordshire Museum – Events
Saturday 16 Jun 2018 to Saturday 8 Sep 2018
Bunnies were bouncing all over the Museum this summer, but, sadly, Peter Rabbit and Jemima Puddleduck have left and gone somewhere warm for the winter!
Saturday 15th September 2018 to Sunday 14th October 2018
Popular local artist Ronny Loxton displays a stunning collection of paintings inspired by the Oxfordshire Countryside.
The gallery will come alive with the county’s plants, landscapes and wildlife.
Children’s Activities at The Oxfordshire Museum
Crafts, family drop-ins, trails and holiday fun for children and families.
Family backpacks, trails and craft activities For families to enjoy daily during museum opening hours:
• Visit our new interactive dinosaur gallery – if you dare!
• Have a go at dressing up or puppet theatre in The Countryside Galley
• Be amazed when you put on the special glasses provided in our 3D archaeological display in The Introductory Galley
• Pick up a backpack to explore the weird and wonderful world of materials and explore plant and animal adaptations. Cost £1 plus £1 refundable deposit.
Dinosaur garden and interactive dinosaur gallery
• Meet our life-size Megalosaur – as big as a bus!
• Explore our new garden with its Jurassic plants Feed the dinosaurs in the gallery
• Dinosaur puppet theatre
• Discover dinosaur bones, fossils and what they can tell us
• Learn about the Shire of the Dinosaurs
• Dinosaur DVD