The Oxfordshire Museum – Events
Saturday 16 Jun 2018 to Saturday 8 Sep 2018
Bunnies will be bouncing all over the Museum this summer, as Peter Rabbit hops, skips and jumps right off the page in this interactive exhibition about Beatrix Potter’s most famous creation.
The Brew House gallery will transform into a playroom where visitors can have fun helping Mrs Tiggywinkle hang up the laundry or visit Mrs Rabbit in her burrow!
Children can dress up as Peter, help plant carrots in Mr McGregor’s garden or curl up with one of the books in our story corner.
Children’s Activities at The Oxfordshire Museum
Crafts, family drop-ins, trails and holiday fun for children and families.
Family backpacks, trails and craft activities For families to enjoy daily during museum opening hours:
• Visit our new interactive dinosaur gallery – if you dare!
• Have a go at dressing up or puppet theatre in The Countryside Galley
• Be amazed when you put on the special glasses provided in our 3D archaeological display in The Introductory Galley
• Pick up a backpack to explore the weird and wonderful world of materials and explore plant and animal adaptations. Cost £1 plus £1 refundable deposit.
Dinosaur garden and interactive dinosaur gallery
• Meet our life-size Megalosaur – as big as a bus!
• Explore our new garden with its Jurassic plants Feed the dinosaurs in the gallery
• Dinosaur puppet theatre
• Discover dinosaur bones, fossils and what they can tell us
• Learn about the Shire of the Dinosaurs
• Dinosaur DVD